1. Always test – Test your cable when terminations are completed to be sure that all your cable runs, and jacks are functioning and properly connected to the switch and patch panel.
2. Have proper documentation – Have your as-built handy and correctly marked to be sure you are running the cable to the correct IDF/MDF from the correct jack. Also, don’t forget the permit!
3. Plan – If your company is not done growing then plan so that your infrastructure is able to support your business’ growth.
4. Make an informed decision – Fiber versus ethernet; Compare speed, price, security, durability, plenum or non-plenum environment, and capacity. Choose the backbone to your network that suits your needs
5. Get full coverage from your Wireless Access Points (WAPs) – Make sure that if you have Wi-Fi installed, there are no dead zones. This should be accounted for ahead of time.