Intranet Communications Group is an established South Florida contractor. We are hiring experienced Lead Low Voltage Cabling Technicians. Great working environment with competitive pay and an opportunity to advance in the company. Must have demonstrated experience reading blue prints; overseeing 2-6 technicians; knowledge of installation codes, practices, and procedures, including BICSI, EIA/TIA standards, and manufacture specific standards. Experience with the installation of conduit, CCTV and Access Control systems is a plus.
Education, Required: High School diploma or GED.
Education, Preferred: Technical School graduate in electronic systems.
Certification Preferred: OSHA 10; BICSI Level II Installer
Certification, Required: OSHA 30 certification within 90 days.
Experience, Preferred: 5+ years
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Work independently on assigned projects as a Lead Technician to complete copper, fiber and/or coaxial cable installation projects as well as associated system components.
- Installation and termination of CAT 6, CAT 6a and fiber optic cables for Voice/Data/WAP/CCTV/Access Control that meets industry and manufacturer standards
- Labeling at closet on racks and panels, field work stations and blue prints
- Attend field coordination meetings with the general contractor (or owner) and other trades
- Prepare daily reports, inventory materials and project required labor requirements to meet established deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrate the ability to train technicians in the field on proper installation techniques.Generate detailed cable records and electronic and/or hard copy test results. Maintenance and cleaning of equipment and machinery when needed.Driving to and from locations – valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Job Type: Full-time
- low voltage cabling: 5 years
- construction industry: 5 years
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: