Job Description: Project Manager
Supervisor: Reports to company General Manager
The basic function of a Project Manager is the responsibility of the life-cycle of projects and to ensure all services delivered to our clients that meet and/or exceed the clients’ and the Company’s standards for quality and timeliness.
Education and Certification Requirements:
Education, Required: High School, GED or Technical Equivalent
Education, Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, or Engineering
Certifications Preferred: BICSI RCDD, AVIXA CTS, PMI PMP or ASIS PSP
Experience Required: A minimum of four years’ experience in the construction industry, with a preference in Divisions 26/27/28 (electrical, low voltage, security integration).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
The ability to communicate verbally and in writing and have strong interpersonal skills is required. Working knowledge of the construction industry, including purchasing and estimating is necessary. The ability to read blueprints, measuring tools and use of power tools is required. Ability to lead the coordination of projects and effectively coordinate with related MEP trades, the General Contractor and Project Owner as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Manager for local dedicated accounts as they are assigned for the installation of structured cabling/low voltage systems/CCTV/Access Control/Audio Video/Code Blue. An overview of the primary responsibilities includes:
- Works to ensure that projected profitability levels are achieved.
- Oversee assigned projects
- Site surveys as directed.
- Perform project take offs/estimates as requested using ICG’s Project Engineering Workbook (PEW).
- Communicate with General Manager to ensure adequate staffing, equipment, and materials for assigned projects. This will include a Project Plan based on the estimated hours detailing needs for technicians specifying days needed and working with Manager and VP to schedule that time.
- Order materials from take offs/estimate.
- Monitors closely the material budgets on each project and reports major variances to management.
- Management of the cabling installation, financial performance of projects/jobs; supervision of ICG technicians and/or subcontractors.
- Testing equipment returned from the field are downloaded and checked for passing results. Ensure as-built & submittals from projects overseen are completed and checked for accuracy. Submit all deliverables on time to customer.
- Attendance at required construction coordination meetings for assigned projects/jobs.
- Brief crews / technicians prior to departing the shop for projects on specifics of work to be performed. Provide prints, written scope of work, site and contact information, and other specifics. When needed, walk techs through project scope before commencing work.
- Ensure crews / technicians have adequate materials, machinery, installation and test equipment, and personal protective equipment / safety gear to perform work on service calls and projects.
- Provide technical support and direction to technicians/subcontractors in the field.
- Receive status reports on work being performed from technicians and subcontractors. Knowing and understanding all job paperwork: plans, specifications and change orders. All questions and discrepancies should be cleared with the Operations Manager
- Enforce all company policies, codes, and workmanship standards on all assigned projects.
- Duties must be carried out using proper planning techniques. It is expected that projects and assignments will be completed in accordance with deadlines as established by customers and ICG Management.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism in appearance and conduct at all times on company business.
- Help Administration create itemized billing when required using 702/703 form.
- Report to the ICG Management the status of all projects as directed periodically. Being able to use daily technician reports to determine percentage completion and projected cost to complete.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE:
External: Maintain the highest levels of respect for ICG customers and vendors. Accuracy with customer accounts with total customer satisfaction on all projects.
Internal: Equally important, fellow employees are to be treated with the same respect and courtesy as paying customers. Completes ALL reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performance in this position will be measured in the following ways:
- Level of satisfaction from external customers
- Level of success with internal customers (co-workers).
- Financial performance of assigned projects with a targeted Gross Profit.