1. Always test – Test your cable when terminations are completed to be sure that all your cable runs, and jacks are functioning and properly connected to the switch and patch panel.
2. Have proper documentation – Have your as-built handy and correctly marked to be sure you are running the cable to the correct IDF/MDF from the correct jack. Also, don’t forget the permit!
3. Plan – If your company is not done growing then plan so that your infrastructure is able to support your business’ growth.
4. Make an informed decision – Fiber versus ethernet; Compare speed, price, security, durability, plenum or non-plenum environment, and capacity. Choose the backbone to your network that suits your needs
5. Get full coverage from your Wireless Access Points (WAPs) – Make sure that if you have Wi-Fi installed, there are no dead zones. This should be accounted for ahead of time.
Katherine Blease is excited to announce her new role as President and CEO of Intranet Communications Group. As majority shareholder, the company now holds the designation of a Woman Owned Small Business.
Mrs. Blease has been with the company since 2008 and has a successful track record of creating strategic business plans and meeting significant results in operations, sales, human resources and finance. Overall, she has spent more than 20 successful years as a strategic leader with demonstrated results in the telecommunications, event management and construction industries.
The ability to work closely and communicate effectively with clients has made her a respected leader in her field. Intranet Communications Group (www.icgconnects.com) is a licensed full-service provider of telecommunications cabling and IP security solutions offering immediate and long-term solutions for Local Area Networks (LAN), Campus Area Networks (CAN), Wireless Networks, CCTV and Access Control.
ICG was founded and established in 1997 by Craig Blease, who is serving as Vice President/COO and now oversees the commercial division of the company.
As a communications contractor and systems integrator, ICG’s project portfolio includes expansion of businesses, integration of multi-building campuses and renovation of existing facilities throughout Florida and across the United States.
Through the leadership and vision of Mrs. Blease, ICG will continue to make substantial strides of growth and success during the 2017 fiscal year. She believes to ensure the success of the company is it necessary to implement effective mentoring and development of our future team members.
“A leader’s role is to raise people’s aspirations for what they can become and to release their energies so they will try to get there.” – David Gergen
Kathi BleaseNew President and CEO of Intranet Communications Group